Attack on Mosque, Quebec City an act of vile, barbaric & senseless violence!
At least 6 people were killed, 5 critically injured and 3 more injured in a shooting at a mosque in Quebec City during evening prayers, police said. Gunmen fired on about 50 people inside the Quebec Islamic Cultural Centre on Sunday at 8 p.m. local time (01:00 GMT).
“Six people are confirmed dead - they range in age from 35 to about 70”, Quebec provincial police spokeswoman Christine Coulombe told reporters, adding that eight people were wounded and 39 were unharmed. Police said two suspects had been arrested, but gave no details about them or what prompted the attack. The mosque's president, Mohamed Yangui,was not inside the mosque at the time of the shooting. He received frantic calls from worshippers.
He said, “Why is this happening here? This is barbaric.”
Comment by Richard Vallance Janke:
As a Canadian in a peace-loving and highly tolerant country such as Canada (quite unlike the United States with its xenophobic president, Donald Trump, at whose doorstep we can lay part of the blame!), I am utterly horrified and shocked at the act of vile, barbaric, senseless, violent murderous attack on a Muslim mosque in Quebec City, around 8:00 p.m., Sunday, January 29, 2017. Words cannot describe my horror or that of almost all 36 million Canadians at this savage act of terror! I urge and implore all who visit Minoan Linear A, Linear B, Knossos & Mycenae to tag this post with LIKE and to reblog it, as well as to retweet it on your twitter accounts! I dissolved in tears this morning when I woke up to hear of this vile act of terrorism. Here are two photos from the night of the attack: