tragic summer haiku d’été tragique – Pompeii drowned = Pompeii noyé Pompeii drowned by lava waves pouring down in an ashen storm Pompeii noyé, inondé par la lave, orage de cendres Richard Vallance On 24 August AD 79, the volcano Mount Vesuvius burst out in a massive explosion which completely buried the city of Pompeii in ashes. At first, lava rained down the city, followed by an ash storm with massive lightning which killed almost everyone in the city. It is one of the worst natural disasters in all of history. Le 24 août 79 ap. J.C., le volcan, le Vésuve, a éclaté dans une explosion massive qui a complètement enterré la ville de Pompeii en cendres. Au début, la lave s’est versé sur la ville, et ensuite un orage de cendres accompagné de coups massifs d’éclairs a tué presque tout le monde dans la ville. C’est une des pires catastrophes naturelles de l’histoire.
The first ever complete and entirely unique decipherment of Linear A tablet HT 123 RECTO (Haghia Triada):
This decipherment of Linear A tablet HT 123 RECTO (Haghia Triada) is entirely unique and is the first ever of its kind. It incorporates several key features never before seen in any of the failed attempts at “deciphering” this tablet. These are:
1. It accurately identifies the crops as (a) olives (b) wine and (c) saffron/flax;
2. It accurately identifies what all previous “decipherers” have erroneously assumed to be fractions as crop shares;
3. It accurately identifies the supersyllabogram PU, which no one has ever before been able to decipher as the Old Minoan word, punikaso = Phoenician or in the case of wine = purple, equivalent to Linear B ponikiyo.
4. It clearly and accurately identifies the shares of crops, usually 8 shares per;
5. The Old Minoan Linear A word kiro appears to mean “they owed”, which suits the context to a T;
6. the combination of the number 8 with harvesting fits the season exactly, the month for harvesting being lunar August (at least if the Minoans counted counted their lunar months from the first month in the year, which certainly appears to be the case).
7. Since the total 20 + is right-truncated on the last line, I have to assume that it refers to 20 or more months, given that 9 months are mentioned above, with the ninth month implying that 8 preceded it, for a total 17. The number 4 with the unknown character probably also references months, bringing the potential total to 21. Thus a grand total of 20+ months is not out of the question.
This is the first ever successful decipherment of Linear A tablet HT 123 (RECTO) in toto.